Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screencasting a DAW with ASIO Audio Drivers in Stereo

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running windows 10, Captivate 9. I am trying to screencast my DAW (e.g. Ableton / Cubase etc) with stereo audio.

I understand there are issues using ASIO audio driver output in screencasting which is why I purchased a separate driver product (O-Deus Link Pro) which routes ASIO output to a WDM driver.

http://odeus-audio.com.au/Odeus/ASIOLinkPro

I am successfully able to capture System Audio (e.g. Youtbe, Spotify audio) within Captivate 9 in stereo without problems.

I am not currently able to capture the stereo output of my DAW into my screencasts. I can only achieve this in mono by setting the narration audio settings to capture the output of my DAW (or the O-Deus link pro driver output).

Adobe Captivate Screen Capture.PNG

It seems anything recorded into the narration is captured only in mono. Can someone confirm if this is the case?

I am aware it is possible to record DAW audio separately and import into captivate but the workflow for this is not practical when perfect synchronization is required and many many small screencasts are being created.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?