• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll through images with slider... Possible or not?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem that I think can be solved with Captivate. 
At first, I just need to know if this is possible or not. If so, i might need help to do it. 😃

I want to be ablo to scroll through pictures with a slider. 
Just like in a movie clip where you can pause and slide in the timeline back and forth.
I would also, if possible be able to hide or show different layers of slideshow. 

Lets say i have 100 frames (pictures) of a house construction building. 1 frame represent 1 day.

I also have 100 frames from the same house just showing water pipline etc. 
Another 100 with electrical wire etc.

I then want to be able to hide or reveal each of those layer whenever in the timeline. So that I can see how far the work with the ex the piping is done at day 63.... etc...

Is this possible in Captivate or shall I search for another tool?

I googled and found some kind of "slider components widget" that could bind to variables. Maybe this is one part of the solution?

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do believe that is possible. Ambitious but possible. It will be a bit of work and a nice sense of accomplishment when you are done.

A couple years ago I did a write up on setting variables with a slider.

You could modify this with actions where if the variable is equal to 63 to show picture 63 or perhaps change the state of the image to state63 or whatever naming convention you choose.

I did a 5-part series.

Here is the link to part 5 which has links to the previous four as well.

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/05/set-variables-interactive-sliders-part-5-additional-resources/

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources