• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrollable tasklist with free text field?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a course with 4 chapters, and after each chapter the user will end up with a checklist with like 2 Yes or No questions.

If you press No on the checklist a tasklist is generated with some additionally questions to be answered in a free text field with room for reflecting type of answer (not just a few words but a couple of sentences at least), if the answer is Yes nothing happens.

Now it becomes tricky, I want the answers to stay/be saved in the tasklist and the tasklist to be updated after each chapter with new questions depending on the answers on the checklist.

If all the answers on the checklist is No, there will be no tasklist.

But there will for example maybe 1 question on the tasklist from the checklist in chapter one, 2 questions on the tasklist from chapter two, 1 question from chapter three, 1 question from chapter four. Or it could be only one/two questions from the last chapter on the tasklist.

And the questions on the tasklist will probably not fit on one page, that's why I also want it to be scrollable.

So I want:

A scrollable page with questions and answers in a free text field, which questions/the number of questions depends on earlier answers.

The answers to be stay/be saved when the tasklist is updated with new questions.

How would you solve this? Is it possible in Captivate 9?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest:

You draw a map (paper and pencil) like a workflow as you will need to setup some branching.

Then you will need to create several variables to generate the mechanics of what you want to achieve.

If your course of 4 chapters runs to slide 100 with a 'Thank You, close this to finish" type of slide.

You could have slide 101 with the fields to complete.

• End of chapter 1 (slide 30) Yes/No
  • If yes, go to slide 32
  • If No go to slide 101 to fill the field. Sentences saved as variable "Text-Chap1-Txt01". Next will send you to slide 31
  • Slide 31 second Yes/No
  • If Yes go to slide 32
  • If No go to slide 102 to fill the field. Sentences saved as variable "Text-Chap1-Txt02". Next will send you to slide 32
  • Slide 32 is 'Welcome to chapter 2"
  • Replicate for each chapter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look in to that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources