Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

See Slides Based on Previous Selection Criteria

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I want the follwing interaction:

I have a selection slide: Select if you took Physics 101 the course last semester

The students are presented with 2 options: 

1. I did (assume this is Group 1)

2. I did not (assume this is Group 2)

Based on the selection they are taken to a common landing slide. After that I want to take them to slides based on their previous selection (for example slide 15 for Group 1 and slide 25 for Group 2).

Is this possible without moving/duplicating the lading slide before the selection window? Because I have several common and group specific slides.

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Branching

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

You want to set up kind of branching. Normally would like to see more details, but if the slides are not in sequence for each branch, you could use an approach like this:

• Store the answer on that selection slide in a user variable. To continue with the explanation I will use v_choice as name for that variable. It can have two values: 1 or 2 based on the selection. You can use the radiobuttons interaction, which can have an associated variable.
  • Create an advanced or shared action to be triggered

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to set up kind of branching. Normally would like to see more details, but if the slides are not in sequence for each branch, you could use an approach like this:

• Store the answer on that selection slide in a user variable. To continue with the explanation I will use v_choice as name for that variable. It can have two values: 1 or 2 based on the selection. You can use the radiobuttons interaction, which can have an associated variable.
  • Create an advanced or shared action to be triggered On Enter for each slide. That action will check the value of v_choice.  Based on the result it will skip the slide or not. Something like this for an advanced action:
        IF v_choice == 1
             Continue
       ELSE
             Go to Next Slide
  • If you want to jump over more slide I recommend a shared action. Replace the 'Go to Next Slide' by 'Jump to Slide' and define the slide number or label as parameter for the shared action.

For what you call a 'loading slide', not sure if it is necessary. You can do that immediately on the selection slide, by attaching an action to the 'Continue' or 'Next button',  which jumps to the proper start slide for both values of the selection variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for such detailed answer. How do I select "triggered On Enter for each slide" from the Captivate Advanced Action UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Slide needs to be selected, no object on the slide. The Properties panel is now for the slide. Go to the Actions tab, and you see the On Enter event. Default command will be 'No action', which you have to change to 'Execute Advanced (or Shared) action'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources