Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select an avatar and display for rest of module

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The desired action:

I want the learners to select one of 4 avatars from the beginning of a module and have that avatar to display for a number of slides throughout the project.

What I Tried:

Created an avatar variable that changes based on the avatar that the learner selects.

Created an object placeholder named 'Avatar_Placeholder.'

Created an advanced action titled 'Change_Avatar_State' so that if varaible = X (for example), then change the state of Avatar_Placeholder to X.

Copied and pasted the Avatar_Placeholder onto the desired slides.

Added the advanced action, Change_Avatar_State to the desired slides.

The Problem:

The name of the object placeholder, Avatar_Placeholder, changes on each slide onto which it was pasted, meaning that I now need to go in and change the target placeholder in the advanced action for each decision for each slide.

The question:

Is there a way to do this without having to go into the advanced action for each slide and changing the target placeholder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar question was asked a couple of weeks ago. Will try to repeat my answer.

First of all: is this the 'same' avator on all slides, or do you have different images of the same avatar?

If it is the same avatar image after choosing one, just change its timing to 'Rest of Project', and put it always on top.

If you need different images of the same avatar, replace your advanced action by a shared action with parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same avatar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case use the option 'Timed for the rest of the project' on the first slide. The avatar will have a unique ID. I would prefer to have a multistate object with all the avatars and you'll just have to use one action based on the chosen option, on the first slide where to avatar has to appear, conditional action with as many decisions as possible choices, unique command 'Change state of ...4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources