Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send variable to child project

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have 1 large Captivate project with several 'levels' - I ran into publishing issues dues to the size of the project and it seems like a good idea to split each level into a separate project file and nest each level inside the callees folder using Captivates 'open another project' function.

My issue, it that right at the beginning of level 1 the user chooses an Avatar & types in their name which is then shown throughout the project. Now, when opening up level 2 as its a linked project the user name and avatar reverts back to default variable 'test name' etc...

So, I'm wondering - can I send these user-defined variables to child projects and how does the child project pick up this variable without overwriting it?

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only see Local Storage as a feature to use for exchanging variable values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Lilybiri​ - can you recommend any good tutorials on where to start with Local Storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this Help text about the common JS interface you'll find some information (towards the end):

Learn about the Common JavaScript interface for Adobe Captivate

I mostly use the CpExtra widget by InfoSemantics which also allows to address data in local storage. That data is available if the user remains on the same system and doesn't clear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources