Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending user variables data to LMS

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to send the user variables data to LMS, I have 3 user numeric variables in my project. I want to send those 3 values to LMS to reflect in user reports.

Pls. suggest. will it be possible with Captivate latest version?

Much appreciated for a suitable solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a Captivate limitation, it depends almost exclusively on the LMS if they are in the data sent (Resume Data).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you create the variable(s) in Captivate, Captivate will attempt to save the values in the suspend data. It depends on your LMS if the data is saved and if you can run a report against that data.

The suspend data from Captivate is not quite human-readable, it is not saved as easily read name:value or name=value pairs. What I normally do is to wrap the value in easily searched strings: myVar="zzz8zzz". Then I can search for the first and second instance of zzz and the value I want is in between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources