Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set a default start time for objects in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,
I have several projects with multiple slides, and I'm looking for a way to have all the objects in the timeline to start at a specific time (for example, 00:05/00:01 second gap).
All the objects in the timeline appear from 00:00 by default, and currently these are being adjusted manually using mouse of keyboard shortcuts, which is time taking. Please do let me know if there are any options to achieve this.
Thank you,
Kiran.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not AFAIK, and have to tell that I never heard this request in over a decade of answering questions daily everywhere. You may have a good reason for that, but I miss it.

The only small improvement to your present workflow is to use CTRL-A to select all objects on the slide (with exception of slide audio) and apply the Timing in one action. Or group them and apply to the group.

It may be possible with JS using common characters in the name for the whole project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri for the quick response, appreciate it. 🙂

Haha :), strange request perhaps, but I got this thought after thinking of user experience (where callouts/objects appear so quickly in a video output, without a gap between frames) and to improve that I was adding 00:01 second space before each object on the next frame.

While doing this task repeatedly over several times, and a futile exploration to find for an option to set it at the project level, without having to go to each slide’s timelines in a project to adjust these.

Yes, I too wish this option was there, either while setting defaults before capturing or during editing.

I was using hold Ctrl/Shift + Click to select the objects and object groups.

Thank you for the Crtl+A, this indeed improves the current workflow. :):)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really mean Video (MP4) output?  Even then, there would be other workflows possible. 

I think there is some confusion between slide and frame? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, MP4 format. I used slide/frame in the sense that - slide w.r.t adjusting these objects on a slide when in the cptx project and frame w.r.t video output after publishing as MP4 (as we talk in terms of frames in a video). I hope there's no confusion.:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate plays at 30FPS, which means frames have to me a very specific meaning.

I really don't see why delaying objects would improve the user experience at all.  You can definitely change the duration of popup messages if they are too short. Why do you use such a weird approach?  Delaying slide audio has a purpose and I encourage that all the time, but delaying objects on a slide for a short time makes no sense. I must misunderstand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri for your guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You keep me confused? Did I misunderstand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Liliybiri,

Okay. The context of this is a demo simulation. Delaying the objects gives some time to the user to see the screenshot first and then the action through callout/highlight/mouse click (objects), as against displaying them all at once from the beginning. I hope it clears. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources