Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set slides to visited advanced action?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have encountered a problem within my Captivate project, within my course, I have made my own pre-assessment test that tells the user what modules (within the same player) they need to retake after the pre-assessment. My question is, is it possible to create a variable that counts slides as visited if the user answers the questions correctly?

I currently have my pre-assessment run so that it assigns an image to a different "retake" state if they answered incorrectly. This is set up via an advanced action and variables.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

MrMangoEater_1-1592559862013.png

A screenshot of my advanced actions within a pre-assessment (knowledge test) slide. (course M1 and Should Retake are both images that are changed on the results page)

Edward.

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure to understand correctly your question. Why not create a user variable v_counter. Use the Success action of the Quiz slide to increment that counter by 1 before jumping to ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to artificially mark slides as visited the easiest way I know of is to use the CpExtra HTML5 widget.  It as a command variable called xcmndCompleteSlide which can be set via an Advanced Action to mark individual slides or a whole range of slides as completed even if the user never visited those slides. 

More details here: https://widgetking.github.io/cpextra/variables/command.html#xcmndcompleteslide

You could use a passing score on your pretest to execute an action that assigns this variable with the necessary value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources