• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting capture size for responsive software simulation projects in CP 2019

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created many software sim projects with Captivate, but this is my first time trying to do it as a responsive project (also this is my first responsive project with Captivate) and my first project with Captivate 2019.

The project is intended for desktop-laptop-iPad screens and not anything smaller. I've done some test captures with the default responsive dimensions of 1024 x 627, but I'd like more width and height. Any recommendations or tips on larger screen dimensions for a responsive software sim project?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Why should it be responsive, why not rescalable HTML5 since you don't aim small browser resolutions? Especially for software simualtions....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should it be responsive, why not rescalable HTML5 since you don't aim small browser resolutions? Especially for software simualtions....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Maybe it's because I'm eager to do a responsive project in Captivate.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, but personally I don't believe that a software simulation is really appropriate for a responsive project with fluid boxes. Try another type of topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. I wondered about that too. My client (who knew very little about eLearning) initially wanted the training to be accessible from all devices. I talked him out of that pretty quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to have been of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources