• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting Objectives in the manifest file in Captivate

Engaged ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am trying to understand better the assignment of cmi.objectives. In the SCORM Users Guide for Programmers

https://adlnet.gov/public/uploads/SCORM_Users_Guide_for_Programmers.pdf

there is the following

Each SCO can set or read multiple objectives, and a single objective can be set or read by multiple SCOs. Objectives contain the following information. Note that these are the same values defined in the CMI Data Model for statuses.

success_status

completion_status

score (scaled, raw, min, max)

progress_measure

UNQUOTE

There is also a part for defining the objectives in the manifest file

<imsss:objectives>

<imsss:primaryObjective objectiveID="obj=primary">

etc...

However, I do not see in the manifest file of my Captivate projects any objectives set. I guess they are set on a SCO level? Where would I find that?

Thanks in advance

B

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Captivate can do all of that for you if you score the objects. You can also report the interaction data.

You would need to be pretty adept at JavaScript and SCORM to write you own code to handle it otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you wanting to set objectives when they are already set when you publish?

The only way multiple SCO's can read objectives is if all of the SCO's are in the manifest. You would need to use the multi sco packager or you could construct the manifest yourself.

At that point, I would just do all of the SCORM myself and just publish the CP files without SCORM turned on and use JavaScript to handle everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you for your kind answer.

Just to clarify - so far I stick to one SCO only. Trying to figure it out on a simpler level. No multi-SCO etc. so far

There are several things that I am interested in

1. If I have only one SCO - one module published and the completion settings are set to Quiz is passed, where can I find this setting in the output files?

2. If I choose not to publish for LMS as you suggest would you please give me a high-level overview of what the workflow would be. I certainly do not expect you to give me a step-by-step guidance but just to have an idea if it is something I could possibly do.

The reason I am interested in setting the objectives is to be able to create a set of interactions that should be completed for the course to be considered completed and to be able to report them to the LMS. I may be needing TinCan for that but so far the LMS we have does not support it and they are not planning to do so in near future.

For instance, in the module - a single SCO I have the following interactions

1. Multiple-choice question

2. A text entry box

3. An object to which I could assign a variable

etc

So the completion of the course will depend on the combination of outcomes relating to the above items.

Thanks again

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate can do all of that for you if you score the objects. You can also report the interaction data.

You would need to be pretty adept at JavaScript and SCORM to write you own code to handle it otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a fair comment

Thanks for it. For time being I am not going to spend time on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources