Setting up goals

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

New to Captivate.

Looking for people/sources of knowledge which could help me

I'm wanting to track when users click on things. I have created 'interactive' modules inside of Adobe Animate and have imported them into Captivate.

The reason why I use Animate before Captivate is that I have a lot more freedom to do exactly what I want via CreateJS.

Is there a way I can add some code to Animate file, before I export as an AOM (for import to captivate), so that I can just go to captivate and publish the scorm wrapped module without messing around with code inside Captivate? Or would I need to figure out how to do all of this within captivate?

At this stage i've been scouring the internet for the last few days looking for answers but with no luck so far.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Setting up goals

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

New to Captivate.

Looking for people/sources of knowledge which could help me

I'm wanting to track when users click on things. I have created 'interactive' modules inside of Adobe Animate and have imported them into Captivate.

The reason why I use Animate before Captivate is that I have a lot more freedom to do exactly what I want via CreateJS.

Is there a way I can add some code to Animate file, before I export as an AOM (for import to captivate), so that I can just go to captivate and publish the scorm wrapped module without messing around with code inside Captivate? Or would I need to figure out how to do all of this within captivate?

At this stage i've been scouring the internet for the last few days looking for answers but with no luck so far.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't know anything about eLearning? AFAIK Animate CC (which I use to create OAM's to embed in Captivate) has not a possiblity to create a SCORM, a file that can report to a LMS. You can use JS in Captivate, but you seem to consider it to be far inferior to Animate. If you want to communication between OAM's and Captivate you'll have to create a lot of JS. Captivate has a JS API, you can exchange values of variables between CP and An.  But to create a really engaging interactive eLearning course, including interactive video, VR slides, software training simultaions, quizzes and scored objects I would personally prefer to start in Captivate and use Animate to create some animations.

I will let you to the JS experts, there are not many Animate experts around here.  I prefer using the right tool for my goals, and for eLearning that is Captivate. For bitmap images I use Photoshop (also for 360 images and short videos), for vector images I use Illustrator, for HTML animations which cannot be realized with Effects in Captivate I use Animate, for audio clips (VO) I use Audition. Typekit and PhoneGap can be linked to Captivate. For may use cases the point and click Advanced/shared actions and variables in Captivate allow to set up interactions (will be converted to JS on runtime) much quicker than programming in JS. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines