Exit

Settings on LMS (Blackboard) for uploading SCROM

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture3.JPG

1) I am advised to set it to "When SCROM is completed...."
2) I am wondering when I publish, should the e-learning output be 1.2 or 2004? 

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Blackboard dialog is a bit strange.  There's really no difference between a SCORM or a SCO. 

SCO stands for Shareable Content Object and usually refers to a single SCO zip package module.

SCORM just adds the words Reuse Model to the first acronym and is referring to the SCORM Standard rather than a specific learning object.   So, you don't refer to a multi-module course as a SCORM and the individual modules as SCOs.  A SCORM is not a parent object (course) with a SCO (module) as the child.

Strange use of the SCORM terminology.  Are you sure this is ALL the dialog says and there are no other words AFTER the top line where it ends Grade Center?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Very appreciatative of the clarification, gives me a better understanding. 

This will mean that it doesn't matter which option I select? 

Nope there isn't any other words after the top line.

TE-MAN_1-1601625237240.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a single SCO, use when SCO is completed.

Also, I would suggest using SCORM Completion if the SCO itself is determing whether it is complete or not, which is almost always the case.

Where you typed in TEST, that will be the name of the Grade Column in Blackboard. You should set the name of the SCO in the Quiz Preferences in the attached image. THis will be the name you will see in Blackboard as well as the name of the Grade column.

manifest.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the guidance.

Another issue I am facing, after uploading the SCORM package onto blackboard. The score does not show up in the grade center (it shows the "In progress" Icon), I have confirmed with my team who are helping me to test that they have completed the whole package + the quiz. 

TE-MAN_0-1602476589086.png

Basically, TEST (v2) is the updated version from my first SCROM package (v1), I hope to swap the updated package once I get can get over these issues. 

Thanks everyone for your advice, I am grateful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources