Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Several tests in one project / another way to make quizpaths

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community

I'm working on a Captivate Quiz, in which there are multiple packages of 2 questions.

If they got answered correctly, the person comes to the next layer with a more difficult packages of 2 questions.

If the person is wrong, doesn't matter if just 1 of the 2 question slides are answered wrong, the person comes to another packages, of the same difficulty.

I wanted to solve this problem through different mini-tests within my big Project, where the result leads to the next package of questions.

After some searching, I haven't found what I was looking for, so I choose to write in a forum.

Are there any functions I didn't know that would work? How could I work with different mini-tests?

Thanks for you help

Greetings

M&Q

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some details are missing in your question:

• Which vesion do you use?
  • Are you using a LMS to transfer results of the mini-tests?
  • Do you know the functionalities of that LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri

Thank you for your answer!

- Captivate 11.0.1.266

- No it's just used as normal Quiz for now

I really just need the correct name of the function, so I could read about it and use it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate has no 'functions' in the sense you mean.

Why do you want the mini-tests to be in individual files in that case? I would understand if you had to transfer the result of each to a LMS because SCORM requires to have only one score per file.

This can be done in one file, by getting rid of the default playbar and set up custom navigation buttons. That way you have control over everything, can navigate the learner to the appropriate slides based on results. That means using advanced or shared actions, and variables. Or if you want you can use JavaScript as well.

My blog has many use cases, but you'll never find exactly the same use case as yours of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources