• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Executable files

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate, I have successfully published an executable file, but when I try to share the file it shows an error that states the file is damaged or I do not have permission and check with computer admin(I am the admin). I am using the trial version before purchasing full version. The file I am trying to share after publishing is a sample file, I'm trying to show my investors to help with purchase of the software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXE files are SWF-based, and after 3 years of announcing and warning, Flash Player died with 2020.

You need to publish to HMTL5, upload to a webserver or LMS and provide the URL. Same as for a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to load the HTML5 to a post on Adobe site to show how it works and that would not play either. Should I have waited longer for it to load? Thank you for your help in this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you talking about the eLearning community? They use AWS. You need to publish the file with the option to zip acrivated. Moreover Reporting cannot be turned on. I have uploaded multiple published projects in blog posts on that site. However, it is always public and needs moderation.

Here is an example (will upload another one today):

Simple Stopwatch (While loop) - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources