Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift audio and CC from quiz slide to content slide

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Potentially an easy question but I am dumb.

I have made a quiz slide with audio track and cc.

Now I need to that track move into another slide type. 

How do I move the pair so that the synch stays intact.

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Not a dumb question at all.  But, you can only copy and past the audio to the slide and then the slide note text to the slide notes of the new slide.  Then you will need to do the synchronisation again.  It should only take a minute or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a dumb question at all.  But, you can only copy and past the audio to the slide and then the slide note text to the slide notes of the new slide.  Then you will need to do the synchronisation again.  It should only take a minute or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as I feared...

This seems like a no-brainer to add as this cannot be a rare issue!

Thank you, Rod!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to suggest it to Adobe, knock yourself out:

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?Y9CHVD

However, something that seems like an easy software fix to someone that doesn't build software apps can often turn out to be much more complicated when someone actually tries to pull it off.

Remember that every slide and object in Captivate must have a unique identifier and that also goes for when you copy and paste something into a Captivate project, even when pasting back into the very same project. Cutting and pasting anything in Captivate usually involves automatically renaming the objects.

The audio synchronisation that enables a different Closed Captioning text to appear at a given time during the playback of an audio file is not directly saved into the audio file itself but to another record somewhere that maintains the time bookmarking details.  So, there are several things involved.  It's not a simple cut and paste job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources