Highlighted

Should I update 11.5.0 for iMAC? Or does it have font other problems?

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was considering updating to Captivate 11.5.0 for iMAC but had taken an online course about the new update and other participants had noted there were some issues with the update for MAC users. I read about some font issues in another forum discussion which caused some concern.

Are there still problems with the update for iMAC?

Thanks for letting me know if I should update or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Should I update 11.5.0 for iMAC? Or does it have font other problems?

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was considering updating to Captivate 11.5.0 for iMAC but had taken an online course about the new update and other participants had noted there were some issues with the update for MAC users. I read about some font issues in another forum discussion which caused some concern.

Are there still problems with the update for iMAC?

Thanks for letting me know if I should update or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With every feature update, new issues are introduced. At some point, you will need to update but perhaps the best time is between projects or when you don't have hard deadlines to deal with.

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have font issues at all, but I only use websafe or Adobe fonts in projects. DId you use system fonts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a lot of different and special fonts, not sure if all are considered "websafe" and I don't have access to Adobe fonts. But I read that even people had issues with common fonts.

I was just wondering what types of problems were associated with the update for Mac and whether I should wait for the next update. I have a Mac and PC. I really don't want to mess up any projects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2019 0