Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show all selected answers from multiple choice quiz on results page

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is it possible to show on a quiz results page all answers that were chosen in a multiple choice quiz?

E.g.

What are you doing today?

x going for lunch

take a nap

x drink a coffee

calling a fried

Going for lunch and drink a are the chosen answers which I want to display at the end of the quiz on the results page.

How do I do that?

I know that I can't use cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice as this variable only stores one value.

Help is very much appreciated!

Regards

Franziska

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

That is what I tried to explain.  You can store the given answer in a user variable with the Assign command. But that answer will not be the text, only the number or character (A, B, C) depending which numbering system you choose. You will still have to translate the character to its text, and that is why I mentioned JS. If your number of questions is limited you could do it manually. In the survey blog I used advanced actions to navigate based on the given answers. 

Maybe you have to think ou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need a user variable for each question, and transfer the value of the system variable to that user variable.  More info:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-cpquizinfoanswerchoice-for-survey-conversion-from-swf-to-html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

thank you for your answer.

What still is an open question for me is that I dont' know how to transfer the value of a system variable to the user variable.

Is the system variable I have to use cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice? 

I created the user variable v_AnswersQuest1, leaving the value field empty. How do I connect this variable with the answer possibilities in the specific MCQ?

I created an advanced action when entering the results slide. The action here would be "Expression" of v_AnswersQuest1. How do I connect this variables to the answers in the MCQ?

Thank you for your help!

Regards

Franziska

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the blogs?

Use the Assign command to transfer the value from cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice to the user variable for that slide. You can use that command after the submit process, use both the Success and Last Attempt action.

If you need to translate the value of that variable, which is for MCQ the number or character of the answer, you'll need to use another action for that translation. I would use an array and JavaScript.

It is quite a lot of work. Why is the default Review process not sufficient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiyes, I did read the blogs. As a Captivate starter I somehow struggle to get to the logic of the interactions. I try my best.

My scenario is for the MCQ is:

Learners will do the MCQ as a "My next steps" after completing the session. It's no Quiz with right or wrong. They learned new things and now they should check for themselves, what they do with it. The answers of the MCQ will show them several options which they can choose from. 

After choosing these options (e.g. "I'm going to read the definition of XY again" or "I'm going to start solving the problem XY") I want Captivate to collect these answers on the results slide so they can see their next steps.

Is this possible with cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice or do I need to use JavaScript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I tried to explain.  You can store the given answer in a user variable with the Assign command. But that answer will not be the text, only the number or character (A, B, C) depending which numbering system you choose. You will still have to translate the character to its text, and that is why I mentioned JS. If your number of questions is limited you could do it manually. In the survey blog I used advanced actions to navigate based on the given answers. 

Maybe you have to think out of the box and not use MCQ questions? Why not use the Radiobuttons learning interaction or the Checkbox interaction? . Both can have associated variables. When the learner has chosen an option, that option (text) will be IN that variable. Much easier to display it later on. Drawback: no possibility to score, no reporting to all LMSs by default. Some make it easy to access user variables, others not.

Except for some blogs (mostly indicated with 'Back to Basics') most use cases you'll find there are not for newbies. There are more than enough basic videos everywhere, no need to repeat.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Why not use the Radiobuttons learning interaction.

I tried the checkbox widget and this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much!

Regards

Franziska

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, if you allow multiple answers you need the Checkbox interaction, sorry thought it was with one answer. Will edit my reply.

Be careful: you need to define the variables separately. I have some blogs where I use both interactions (I don't use the name widget because widgets are not compatible with HTML5, and there are still widgets). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources