Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show feedback for a matching question immediately

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I use Captivate 2019 and have one Matching KC question. When the user gives incorrect answers I would like to have the correct answers shown immediately.

Is that possible at all?

I export HTML 5.

Thank you

Bobby

PS. I am ready to do a drag and drop interaction to do the same but would need immediate feedback telling the user which of the answers was correct and which was incorrect.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

No, the rule for quiz slides is valid: once the Review status is reached there is no reset possible anymore because all futur quiz attempts are considered to be exhaused.

Only way would to turn off bookmarking  and relaunch the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual way this requirement is met is just by editing the text in the Failure Feedback Caption to tell the user what the correct answer/s were.  That caption is displayed immediately after the user submits an incorrect answer.

Is there a reason why this would not work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod

what I have is 6 pairs that need to be matched.

What the content owner would like is that the user sees which of the answers given was not correct.

For instance, 4 of the pairs were matched correctly but 2 were not. So the idea is to see what two answers were incorrect.

Thanks

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit out of the box thinkig.  Create an image of the filled i corect mathsing slide, and replace the Failure feedack by that image. I have splained the workflow for that replacement in:

Quiz Tweak 1: Images as feedback - eLearning

For a non-responsive project pretty easys, bit more cumbersome for a fluid boxes project.

If the image is a fill for a shape you can also add more text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Lieve,

as mentioned to Rod, i need to have the incorrect answers shown immediately.

Just think about how one sees them when reviewing the quiz. Something like this - please see image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the content of cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice? Using the image will not be easy, because you can have so many combinations, but textual should be possible.

Do you also have real questions besides the KC questions?  KC questions do not have a Preview mode, as yoy may know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is ok. I can use an actual quiz question. It is a long theory module and i do not use anything out of the box so using one quiz question would be ok. I have initially used drag and drop interaction but there is non way to have the wrong answers that the user gave immediately on the screen. I can show the correct answers - shoot an image or caption to show the correct answers but this would not show the incorrect answers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not have any scored objects, you can simulate a review status for the KC slide, using this workflow (have described it somewhine in a blog):

• Use a normal quiz slide, with one attempt, so that you have a Last Attempt action
  • In Quiz Preferences, allow backwards movement (you don't need the Back button), and Review
  • Have the score slide inserted
  • For the Last Attempt action set it to 'Jump to Score Slide'.
  • Create a conditional action to be triggered On Enter for the Score slide
    KCReview.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Lieve this may work in my case.

Would I be able to reset the quiz slide on revisiting if necessary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the rule for quiz slides is valid: once the Review status is reached there is no reset possible anymore because all futur quiz attempts are considered to be exhaused.

Only way would to turn off bookmarking  and relaunch the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again LIeve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources