• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/Hide Smart Shape, go to next slide, button in Knowledge Check slide

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2017, and am fairly new to creation of on demand eLearning.

What I would like to do is hide the smart shape, "next slide" button until After the user “click anywhere on the slide or ‘y’ to continue” from the feedback (correct or incorrect).

Not real familiar with variables, advanced actions, or states.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

You don't need a Next button, but you could decrease the waiting time by moving the pausing point which is visible on the timeline more towards the end. 'Continue' means that the playhead is released but still has to travel the inacitve part of the quiz slide, which is the part after the pausing point. You could change 'Continue' to 'Go to Next Slide', but for low bandwidth that could create a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really familiar with the default design of quiz/KC slides neither.

Normally the Submit button is the button that will control the two-step Submit process, and you don't need a Next button at all. That process is:

1. User clicks Submit and the feedback message appears. The playhead is not released, slide remains paused (at 1.5secs) if you didn't change the pausing point) to allow the reader to read the message
  2. User clicks on the slide or presses Y, the playhead will be released and the actions specified as Success or Last Attempt will be executed. If you kept the default situation of the KC slide, it is set to InFinite attempts, which means that only the Success event is available, the user has to enter the correct answer.

What did you change to the setup? I think you didn't keep Infinite messages?

Do you need a Next button? I have some workarounds for it, but wait for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.  I am unsure whether or not I need the Next button.

The idea is that it doesn't matter whether they get it right or wrong, similar feedback is given in both instances and the user should move to the next question (in this case).

I did change the Number of attempts to 1 and on Last Attempt, Continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a Next button, but you could decrease the waiting time by moving the pausing point which is visible on the timeline more towards the end. 'Continue' means that the playhead is released but still has to travel the inacitve part of the quiz slide, which is the part after the pausing point. You could change 'Continue' to 'Go to Next Slide', but for low bandwidth that could create a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  This really helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources