• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Playbar on Video Slides Only

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a course that I only want the Playbar navigation controls to appear on the 3 slides that have videos.  This will give the learner the ability to play, pause, and rewind the video.

I do not want it on for any other slides, as the course has it's own navigation buttons.

How do I have the playbar only appear on the slides containing video?

Thanks,

Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Please, next time include your 'requirements' more in detail in the question. That will avoid losing time. You didn't tell that you want to get rid of the scrub bar, that you need bookmarks and slide overlays. I would never have suggested Event video in that case, because it plays uncontrolled by Captivate, which explains the dedicated control panel.

With you new requirements only Slide video is possible. If you don't want to create custom buttons and keep space for those buttons on the video sl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is the only goal, why not use Event video? It has its own playbar, even with possibility to scrub. That control panel appears in HTML when hovering over the bottom of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri, I added the video as an Event video and I now have the player controls. 

I have 2 additional questions:

1. Is it possible to remove the scrub bar for the video? (I tried all the skins and when I do a "Preview From this Slide", "Live Preview on Devices" or "Publish for Devices, they all look the same, even though they look different when I'm changing them in the Properties panel).

2.  Is it possible to add CC to the scroll bar to show the captions or do I have to burn them in the video?  (similar to the CC button on the player bar that I was referring to in the original question).

Thank you for your patience as this is my first time adding video in Captivate.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have to add a Slide Overlay which asks the learner a question...I don't see where I can add the Slide overlay or a Bookmark in an Event Video.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, next time include your 'requirements' more in detail in the question. That will avoid losing time. You didn't tell that you want to get rid of the scrub bar, that you need bookmarks and slide overlays. I would never have suggested Event video in that case, because it plays uncontrolled by Captivate, which explains the dedicated control panel.

With you new requirements only Slide video is possible. If you don't want to create custom buttons and keep space for those buttons on the video slides, you'll need to turn on the playbar for the complete project, and turn it off on the first slide, on for the video slides, and off for the non-video slides. If you don't want the playbar in overlay, you'll see the border which is reserved for the playbar on all slides where it is turned off. Be sure to give it a color to blend in with the background of those slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the lack of information in the first post.  I'm assuming the playbar will have to be turned on and off with Advanced Actions "On Enter." 

I already have some "On Enter" Advanced Actions, so I'm assuming I will just add the playbar to turn on or off as an addition to an Advanced Action that already exists.  Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources