Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Showcase courses on a Portfolio?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am interested in showcasing some of my work including some of the courses I have developed in Captivate in an online portfolio. How would I go about uploading an interactive version or would I just need to share screenshots?  Has anyone else done something like this? I know that I have looked at portfolios that showed sample digital courses before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming that your portfolio is a web page and it might be under main menu on your website or any other online web-page. You will have to take screenshots which you will upload as thumbnail in your portfolio and embed link to your e-learning contents. To make it simple you can upload contents to your online server as HTML files (Do not export as SCORM content to make it possible to run out of LMS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with the other poster. For HTML output it is really necessary to have the pulished folders uploaded to a webserver (I use my domain) which supports JSON mimie type. If you can create a webpage with thumbnails linking to the index.html of each folder, it would be easier. You can use the poster images, which you probalby have since AutoPlay is disabled as thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out my tutorial on using Amazon AWS for free for the 12 months and then pocket change after that. Share Your eLearning Using Amazon AWS - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

This could be helpful since I could share the link within my soft copy portfolio. Do you know how I need to publish the file to get that index.HTML link to work?

I just published to my computer as a non-scorm version but HTML and clicked on the link and it didn't take me to a version of the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish your project with eLearning reporting turned off and don't zip the files when you are done. Just publish to a folder, say on your Desktop.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I followed your YouTube video and have uploaded to the AWS. Do I have to worry about it being "public"? Especially dealing with client or company information. For my portfolio, I was planning to make that password protected. I guess I could also put together a course that it more of a sample of my work. Let me know how you handle this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have no problem uploading the file successfully, but when I click "make public" the file tries and I see a failure message. Even though the index.html works on my personal computer, I can't get it to work when I upload it to the AWS. HELP! I feel like I am soo close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reach out to Amazon on issues such as this. I've had no problems making my portfolio folder public.  

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul,

It sounds like it failed because certain objects in my course do not give permissions to make public. I guess in once sense that is good, because I did not realize once I make public that any of those assets can be accessed by anyone with internet access. This doesn't seem like the best way for me to upload and share files anymore. I guess I will need to try to make my courses shareable through another format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources