• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Showing Quiz Results

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am a fairly green Captivate user so please bear with me.

I created a quiz and did not utilise the quiz templates. I used shapes as buttons and assigned a score. Is it possible to show the correct answers when users review the quiz? Either highlighting the correct answer (border shape) or by making a check mark (image) visible.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not out of the box, sorry. You'll have to create that Review mode yourself, if you want it. That means using advanced or shared actions and variables.

Why did you not use the quizzing master slides? Those slides have a lot of functionality built in, one of them being that automatic Review mode when using the review button on the Score slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri. I was having trouble editing the quiz masters so I thought of just creating a custom quiz.

"That means using advanced or shared actions and variables."

> How does this work please?

Also how can I shuffle the questions and/or the answers please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I recommend to use the default quiz slides, please. What you are asking is really advanced stuff, try first to master the basics of Captivate, it would spare you a lot of frustrations. You try to win a marathon before starting training to run.

Shuffling answers is another feature which you get free with default quiz slides, and would ask for a combination of JS (random numbers) with advanced actions to realize for custom questions. Have plenty of use cases on my blog, but really don't recommend it to a newbie. I will be happy to help you with editing the quizzing master slides, if you tell me what you want to do. Do not delete any embedded object (have no individual timeline in the master slide, nor in quiz slides). Styles of most objects can be edited and saved.

Lot of of functionality is built in the quiz and score slides of Captivate. Try to understand that functionality, and the way themes are built (which include the master slides) in Captivate. Some reading about quizzes:

Challenges for Starters - Captivate blog

Question Question Slides in Captivate - Captivate blog  in CP9, the confusion between Skip and Next no longer exists, I will upgrage that post ASAP

Question Question Slides - Part 2 - Captivate blog

Using Quizzing System Variables - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and I appreciate your sentiments. I did not realise it was that advanced.

"Shuffling answers is another feature which you get free with default quiz slides"

>> Can I shuffle the questions too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not per se.  But you can insert quiz question slides into one or more Question Pools and then insert Random Quiz slides in your project that draw from specific pools.  If you have ten quiz slides in the same pool and ten Random Quiz slides that all draw from the same pool then the order of quiz questions encountered by the learner will be randomised when the module is launched.  But after that point, the questions remain in that order for the duration of the learner's session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

EDIT: Is there a way to keep track of a user's answer to each of the quiz questions? Like if I had a team and I wanted to know their answer for each of question, will I be able to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to create user variables, one per question. After each question you have to store the value of the quizzing system variable cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice in that user variable.

More about that variable in: Secrets of cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice and.... - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri!

Is there supposed to be a video on the link you provided? I cannot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never have passive video in my blog posts, only interactive tutorials since they talk about an eLearning authoring tool to provide that type of tutorials. You need a Flash-enabled browser, that post was in the Flash only output time.

Video is not what I would label as a very efficient tool to show the result of Captivate. But most disagree, video is so much easier to create of course, takes lot less time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone on this thread know if you can display which answers the learner got incorrect, without showing them the correct answer?

Lilybiri​ possibly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this blog post:

Custom Review - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a hack that I use. It's late, but the hack does save you from other workarounds. Note, this is for CP8. Haven't tried it in newer versions.:

1. Make your project as you normally do, including the custom question slides
  2. Add a quiz slide after you have prepared your entire project and the results page will be added to the project automatically by the software program
  3. Then just delete the quiz slide inserted. Captivate does not remove the results slide -  meaning you now have your custom slides and the default results slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but that is unnecessary cumbersom/ Once you have at least one scored object, need not be a quiz slide, in the project, you can add the Results Slide from Quiz Preferences. No need at all to add a quiz slide.

I always prefer KISS solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources