• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simulation slide shrink after recording in Captivate

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Adobe Captivate 2019 (11.5.0.476) for recording simulation.

All the slides looks good after recording simulation exept the slide having .swf (FMR) in it. The FMR slide run fine in preview mode but shrinks (width wise) after publish the course.

Any specific reason or am I doing something wrong?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, please update ASAP to 11.5.1.499.

The FMR slides are converted to MP4 when published to HTML5 but that is not always working very well as you experienced.

Try to avoid FMR slides as much as possible when recording. In many cases you can have an alternative workflow with clicking instead of scrolling etc. Personally I will stop the recording when I cannot avoid a 'video' slide and inseert a Video Demo slide (Slides button allows that). After that Video Demo slide which natively exports to MP4 I will continue the software simulation. Bit cumbersome but at least the restul will be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri for your response.

1. I am recording the simulation in a custom size with resize the browser window. So it's challanging to stop the simulation in-between and re-record the scrolling action in video mode and then again switched to simulation mode.
  2. Is this a Captivate bug or issue in my installed software, because sometimes it works fine whatever I record. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to change the size to insert a Video Demo slide. You can also replace the offending FMR slides by Video Demo slides later on, but that seems lot more work.

I don't know if it is a bug, because it seems to be inconsistent. Those are always the most difficult problems if you cannot find a logic behind it. Three year ago I decided not to use FMR slides anymore, and feel comfortable now with my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I will try this solution and will connect with you again if still facing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources