• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sinlge project multiple quizzes

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I need to do this with advanced actions/variables and not use the inherent captivate quiz slides, but just for giggles, I'll pose this to see if anyone has any thoughts. I'm not too deep so I can start over.

I have a big project. 10 sections. Each section concludes with a 3 question quiz.  Nothing is scored, or sent to an LMS.  It's a study tool. I do have advanced actions/variables setup to show how many they got right ont he final question slide of each section

I want the inhernet quiz of captivate to reset after they complete a section. There's no ending quiz results slide, so the retake button is out.  I used a little javascript to reset $$cpQuizInfoAttempts$$ to 0, but that didn't work. It does not look as if the quiz can be reset without sending a user to the Quiz results slide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quizzing system variables are read only as you can read in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

The easiest way would be to 'use' the Score slide, and increase the number of attempts. You do not need to show the score slide, just getting to it and back to the first questio of a section will reset the answers. Of course all answers will be reset, which means you'll need an advanced action to go back to the first quesstion of the section they are working on.

Essentally: 

• Go to Score slide
  • Go back to the first slide of the section

I would use a shared action... that way you can use that first slide as a parameter.

Some more reading:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/intermediate-score-slides-in-2020

http://blog.lilybiri.com/secret-of-hidden-score-slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked. One more question.

The project will use the CP TOC.   I want the student to be able to navigate freely, with few exceptions, using the TOC. The playbar won't be hidden on any quiz slides, any only shows the TOC and Exit buttons.

So, if the student abandons any quiz slide (either before/after submitting) and navigates somewhere else via the TOC, is there away to reset the quiz? Seems impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is never agood idea to allow navigation while on quiz slides for several reasons. When going back to a previous quiz slide, the answers are blocked and navigation will only be possible using the TOC and or the playbar.

Personally I never show quiz slides in the TOC and hide the playbar while on quiz slides. That would solve your last question as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources