• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skin editor Play/pause button changes state prematurely

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Captivate CC 2017 skin Play button on slides with slide sound and a short object animation effect  (ease-in).

Problem:

When the slide plays the button shows the pause icon, but after the 1 second animation ends it changes to the play icon while the sound is still playing.  The desired behavior is that it should continue to show pause until the sound or slide is done or the button clicked.

Is there a way to do this?  Seems lame to tie the play button to a short animation on a long slide - or am I missing something?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Can you please post a screenshot of the timeline? I suspect that you have a pausing point on that timeline, from an interactive object. That pausing point will not pause slide audio by default (can be done, but is not default). If the audio is no slide auadio but started by Play Audio command, or linked to an object it will never be paused by the pausing point. Have a look at this interactive movie

Captivate's Timeline

Ot read this blog post:

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of the timeline? I suspect that you have a pausing point on that timeline, from an interactive object. That pausing point will not pause slide audio by default (can be done, but is not default). If the audio is no slide auadio but started by Play Audio command, or linked to an object it will never be paused by the pausing point. Have a look at this interactive movie

Captivate's Timeline

Ot read this blog post:

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again Lilybiri comes to the rescue.  Yes, there was a button paused at 3 seconds. The sound file was added later and I didn't think to change the pause time.  Still learning about Captivate. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Timeline is the most important panel in Captivate, and daily questions appear that are due to lack of understanding that timeline. I don't understand why it is almost ignored in most books and training. In any basic training I offer this is topic number one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources