• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide 1 Not Showing

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a training course, and until today it has worked fine. I am needing to publish a PDF of it; however, the first slide will not show up. It won't show up when I "preview from this slide" either. It does show if I view it in the web browser. Anyone know how to get it to show?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Try to recreate that slide from scratch if you insist on showing SWF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details are needed. Which version do you use? Is it a responsive or a non-responsive project. Do you realize that publishing to pdf is only possible when using SWF output, that the present versions of Adobe Reader do not have the Flash Player automatically embedded. Result is that the user wanting to see that interactive pdf needs instructions how to install the Flash Player plugin.

If it is a non-responsive project, Preview from this slide is also based on a temporary SWF output. You talk about Preview in Browser or Preview HTML in browser, if this is a non-responsive project? Which browser do you use if it is for HTML output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Captivate 2017. It's non-responsive and nothing I have in here requires Flash. I also did the HTML5 Tracker to double check. It's literally a slide with buttons that take you to different slides. That's it. I'm only doing the PDF to send to my boss. I usually publish as an HTML5 zip file. The first slide does not show when I Preview from this slide or in the PDF. It does show when I Preview HTML5 in Browser, and I use Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That proves that something SWF-related is wrong in that first slide. Difference between SWF and HTML output increased a lot with latest version of Captivate. If you want to show your boss how it will look, either send him the full folder after published to HTML and instructions to launch the index.html file or upload it to a webserver (best) and send the  URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, there's no way to make it work in the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have to screen that slide closely, but what is the use of showing a slide in a SWF-based pdf when it can look totally different in the HTML output? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look different though. I've never had issues with it looking different. (I don't put anything crazy in my courses. I'm still learning) I've done other PDFs this way, but this is the only one that I'm having this issue with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to recreate that slide from scratch if you insist on showing SWF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources