Highlighted

slide advancement

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate 9, I have three icons on a slide i want learners to click on and listen to the icon's audio.  Only after each icon is listened to do I want the navigation buttons on the slide to appear.  Basically I don't want the learner to advance the slide before they've completely listened all the icons.  Any suggestions?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

slide advancement

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate 9, I have three icons on a slide i want learners to click on and listen to the icon's audio.  Only after each icon is listened to do I want the navigation buttons on the slide to appear.  Basically I don't want the learner to advance the slide before they've completely listened all the icons.  Any suggestions?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this blog post, it may answer your question. You didn't tell the full version number which should be 9.0.2.437. How do you play the audio, because there are different possiblities.

Force Clicking Hotspots: Comparison 2 Workflows - eLearning

Only when you tell me exactly how you play audio when clicking the interactive objects which are shape buttons? An icon is not interactive.  To have the Next button appear conditinoally is explained in the blog post. To translate to the audio clips I need first answers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the super fast response.  The truth is that I am a novice user of captivate and read your article a couple times but still don't understand.  Is there anyway to dumb this down as much as possible to help me understand it?  It is a responsive project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio is played by user clicking on images that have audio.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a transparent button over the image that actually has the audio attached.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but what you tell is impossible. It is impossible to click an image that as audio attached to it to play it. Object audio, which is audio attached to an object plays when that object is visible, which means if you have 3 images all audio will play at the same time. Having an interactive object on top of that image will not prevent that.  Which action is triggered by that interactive object?

BTW I don't understand why you use two objects: an image and an interactive object instead of one shape button filled with that image. Especially since you talk about responsive projects, which means in your case with Breakpoint views. It is a real pain to set up size and location correctly for objects in that case, and less objects means less work.

Did you check the version number, please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this might be a little old-school, but it might be easier for me to just share my screen with you and do this in real-time.  Are you up for that? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im working with the 2017 release.  10.0.1.285

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am just a user like you.  Since I am a consultant and a trainer, in my free time I try to help users, with my blogs and by answering on social media. All public, can help other users.  No private F2F lesson however. That is something for clients.

If I may offer you some tips: please try first to master the basics of Captivate in a non-responsive project. Everyone has to start, you told to be a newbie which we all have been in the past.  

I asked very simple questions: how do you get audio to play when something is clicked. You told that the audio is linked to the image, but that means it plays right away, no click needed. Did you Preview the project?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no the audio is set to play when each of the three individual buttons are clicked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Play Audio command? And you want the user to listen to the audio clip before being able to click another button? You will need an advanced action for each of the buttons, but will have to add commands to the first decision (as described in the blog post). For first button the  commands will be::

Disable button 2
    Disable button 3
    Delay Next commands by x seconds       (x=duration audio1)
    Enable button 2
    Enable button 3
    Assign v_one with 1
    Play audio 1

The second conditional action will be the same as in the blog post.

I understand that these advanced actions are a problem if you never used them. It is not a use case for newbies.... 

It could be done with a multistate object, where you add audio to each state (similar to the multistate object with text in the blog post). But since you expect them to listen to the full clip before clicking the following button, you need the Disable/Delay/Enable commands as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group