• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide name variable not working in Edge

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a slide name variable to show the slide name in a Smart Shape. It's working in Chrome, but isn't visible in Edge (very new download/install, so it's the "new version" of Edge). Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have logged this bug already quite a while ago, even beffore the new Edge was released. It is not only happening in Edge, but also (not always consistently) in other browsers - even Chrome.  Shapes seem to appear empty when they are used as text containers for dynamic text That is text with inserted variables (system or user).  I didn't get any feedback on my bug report, because to me personally this is an, important bug. The workaround is to have a text caption - which still supports dynamic text -  on top of a shape. But that solution is not valid for a fluid boxes project where stacking is impossible. I'm sorry but cannot offer you a real solution for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources