• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide Overlay iOS

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the trial version of Captivate 2019 and have inserted an interactive video (youtube). Every time I try to do a slide overlay the video doesn't load in iOS. I see a black screen with a white play button that doesn't work and behind that I can see a loading circle spinning. I read somewhere that you can't have an overlay at 0 seconds for iOS so I made the overlay appear at 4 seconds. Still doesn't work. I even tried just inserting the interactive video without a slide overlay and that didn't work either. Is this a bug other people have found or is it more likely that I'm doing something incorrectly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

I was able to solve this on my own. I had never enabled mobile gestures when publishing before. I found by enabling mobile gestures I was able to play the interactive video on iOS. Maybe this will help others in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to view this interactive video on the device?

Custom Play/pause button

It is not a video from YouTube, but one I created based on a Video Demo. However it is a good test to see if an interactive video plays on your device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works, however I think the issue might be specific to streaming video, not embedded in the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some YouTube videos are 'protected', you cannot just use them. Will try to put one of my videos online, and double-check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't an issue of "protected". The videos work on a regular PC or Mac. Also I have embedded regular streaming videos that play just fine. The issue is the interactive video with streaming and iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I'll check out tomorrow with one of my videos on YouTube. Will post the link so that you can check on your iOS device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve this on my own. I had never enabled mobile gestures when publishing before. I found by enabling mobile gestures I was able to play the interactive video on iOS. Maybe this will help others in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a strange solution, but if it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources