Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide timing for Quiz slide

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone please help me. I am trying to set a slide duration to a quiz slide nad it keeps defaulting back to 57.5 seconds, even after it has been saved. I have looked at the timeline and it will not let me drag the duation back it just says 'inactive (56.0). I can not see any objects on the timeline that could be affecting the slide duration?

I am trying to fit audio to a project so it is really important that I can make the slide move to the audio but I just can't see how.

Any help gratefully received.

TOPICS
Audio and video , Getting started , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please insert a screenshot of the timeline?

If you added slide audio, the duration will automatically be increased to the length of the ausio clip, since it is synchronized. However that clip will NOT be paused by the pausing point which is linked to the Submit button. If you keep the actions (Success, Last Attempt) set to the default 'Continue' command, I recommend to drag the pausing point near the end (not totally the end) of the  slide to decrease the inactive part. Other possibility: replace Continue by 'Go to Next Slide'

Have explained this and much more in my sequence about Quiz slides, which you can find in the eLearning community. Here is one of the 11 blogs:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-2-submit-process/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, I have tried to follow but without success. See snip below.

Any advice gratefully recieved.

captivate prime screen shot n.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That image is so small that I cannot even see the pausing point. I do see that audio clip. Look at the slide timeline; name 'Slide 1'.  Probably at 1.5secs you 'll see a thin vertical line which is preceded by the pause symbol. Use the mouse to drag that pausng point almost till the end. When you Preview the quiz slide with F11 (HTML in Browser), the playhead will move till the pausing point while the audio is playing and stopping there. When you now submit the answer, and keep both actions Success and Last Attempt set to Continue, only the short part after the pausing point has to be passed. Did you look at that link? It is about understanding the Quizzing and the Timeline. You are new to Captivate?

In this blog post I explained the same workflow when adding Audio to ready-to-go slides which have a pausing point:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-adding-audio-to-qsp-slides-ready-to-go-slides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I understand correctly what you are trying to do here.

Are you saying this quiz slide needs a whole minute (57 seconds) of audio?  That's a bit unusual because Quiz questions are usually kept as short as possible. 3-5 seconds is the default.  If you have inserted a minute of audio on the slide, that would explain why it won't let you shorten the timeline.  If the audio is added to the slide rather than to an object ON the slide, then it would default to the length of the audio clip.

If this audio is just explanatory and intende to be heard BEFORE answering the question, you could either add it to a slide before the quiz question, or add it via a button on the quiz slide that played the audio clip when clicked.  (That would give the learner control over whether they wanted to hear the audio each time they visited the question slide.)

If this audio is intended to be heard AFTER the learner answers the question, you could have it played by the On Success or On Last Attempt actions, or by adding it to the Success or Failure feedback captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on "audio" "edit" and 'project't, the slides all move on at the right time, at the timepoint that I have selected.

The audio continues throughout the whole slide, as the presenter is introducing the question and then explaining the answer.

However when I preview the project, the quiz slides have a delay on them (that is not on the audio preview),  and I can not find a way to remove the delay.

I hope this additional info helps?

sandie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained the solution, and asked to post a screenshot of the timeline. Know perfectly what you mean and what the problem is. Did you read my answer, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources