Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slides NOT advancing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have created a blank project.  Some of my slides have next buttons that advance to the next slide when clicked.  However I want some of my slides to AUTOMATICALLY advance to the next slide. How do I do this as Its not working

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

You don't have to remove buttons, only take out their pausing. In CP9 that can be done with the Timing Properties panel for buttons on the slide, or on the Actions tab for shape buttons on the master slide.

If the slides are still pausing, can you check the Slide events: On Enter/On Exit. Maybe they have the action 'Pause'?

Moreover, buttons are not the only interactive objects that are able to pause the slide: I mentioned Shape buttons, but Text Entry Boxes, Click Boxes and Interactive widgets ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the slides that are "misbehaving" by chance the same slides with Next buttons?

Buttons typically pause the slide they are placed upon in order to give the user the opportunity to click them.

If you don't want them to pause, you need to look at the properties of the button and turn that option off.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Rick,

I have removed all buttons from the slides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to remove buttons, only take out their pausing. In CP9 that can be done with the Timing Properties panel for buttons on the slide, or on the Actions tab for shape buttons on the master slide.

If the slides are still pausing, can you check the Slide events: On Enter/On Exit. Maybe they have the action 'Pause'?

Moreover, buttons are not the only interactive objects that are able to pause the slide: I mentioned Shape buttons, but Text Entry Boxes, Click Boxes and Interactive widgets can pause the slide as well. Question/Score slides have a pause built in (visible on the Timeline) as have Drag&Drop slides (invisible on the timeline).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help - the pause button was indeed in the master slide which is why i couldn't spot it easily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. There was a pause hidden in a master slide button object. Thanks for posting your solution. I would have never thought to look on the master slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you wish your slide continue to next slide automatic use no button. 

But if you prefer this is the user who choose when he could continue to next slide, add a button 

Have a nice day, 

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources