Highlighted

Slow down playback of video recorded in Captivate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded some footage in Second Life and would like to play it back considerably faster than it really occurred. Any idea how I can do that?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow down playback of video recorded in Captivate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded some footage in Second Life and would like to play it back considerably faster than it really occurred. Any idea how I can do that?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2011 0
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wunderful61,

Try increasing the number of frames per second.

You can do this by -

1. Selecting Edit > Preferences .

2. In the Preferences dialog, select 'Publish Settings' category.

3. By default, 'Frames per second' will be set to 30. You can increase it to play your project

relatively faster.

Thanks,

Sagarika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2011 1
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to change the FPS, Captivate doesn't allow it. It goe right back to

30 no matter what I do to change it. Any idea why this might not work?

Shelley

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2011 0
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shelley,

Will it be possible for you to share your project for further investigation? If yes, please upload it on acrobat.com and send me the download link at sagarika@adobe.com

Also, you can try changing the FPS in a newly created blank project to find out whether it is a project specific issue or not.

Thanks,

Sagarika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2011 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rerecorded everything at the max frames I could put, 50, and the speed of the playback did not change.

Here's an example - I recorded everything in short bursts in case I had to redo since Captivate's video editing isn't too great as far as I can tell.

https://acrobat.com/#d=mSvVkDLPzWTrtpBB2kMlyQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2011 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe what is meant is to record at one frame rate. Perhaps the default 30 Frames Per Second. Then edit the settings for the project to increase the frame rate. Then publish.

Unless I'm mistaken, this should have the net effect of speeding up playback, as you are then playing back at a faster rate than you recorded.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2011 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's that third sentence that baffles me as to how to do it..

Then edit the settings for the project to increase the frame rate.

I've tried to change it and I can't get it to change once I record it. Right now, they are all recorded at both 30 and 50.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2011 0
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shelley,

Here is the procedure of what has to be done -

1. Record your project with the default FPS of 30.

2. After the slides are created in Cp, go to Edit > Preferences.

3. In Preferences dialog, go to 'Project > Publish Settings' category and type 50 in the 'FPS' text box.

4. Click 'Ok' on Preferences dialog.

5. A dialog pops up - "Changing project frame rate will cause improper playback ... ". Click 'Yes' on this dialog. (Image of the dialog is attached)

This will change the FPS for the project to 50 and plays the recording at a faster rate.

Instead of rerecording now, you can copy all the slides from your project (the one which is recorded at 30 FPS) and paste it in a new blank project. Then, continue from step 2.

FPS.JPG

If this is not working, can we do a connect session to investigate this issue? Please mail me at sagarika@adobe.com

Thanks,

Sagarika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2011 0
Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As it is a captured project, every slide is approximately of 3secs. Reduce every slide's time to around 1secs or even lesser. Now publish and play the output. The movie shoud playback much faster.

I tried it with the project you provided at acrobat.com. The output looks faster without any degrdation in quality.

regards,

mukul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2011 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I probably did this goofy, so how should your suggestion be accomplished?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2011 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mvlele, I tried with more than 3secs. But it not works for me. I changed in Properties>Timings

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0