• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slowdown Slide Playback (with .swf file)

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all 🙂

I have a slide in a simulation that recorded me scrolling down the screen and it recorded as such on the timeline: 

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 1.40.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 1.46.43 PM.png

Is there any way in Captivate to make it so when the user goes through the simulation it doesn't scroll as quickly? It's about 4 seconds now but I'd like to increase it to about 7. I think I could probably create a video of the scroll and then import it into the project, but is there a way to do this inside of Captivate?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

It is a FMR slide.  Since you want to replace it, I would recommend to insert a Video Demo slide. Reason: no conversion from SWF to MP4 will be necessary (it sometimes goes wrong) and the quality will be better.

Use this workflow:

• Set up the application to capture in the correct situation.
  • In Captivate select the slide before the new slide
  • Use the big button Slides, Video Demo
  • Record and try to be slow enough
  • After ending the capture you'll have cpvc-slide and the Video Demo Editor can be used

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a FMR slide.  Since you want to replace it, I would recommend to insert a Video Demo slide. Reason: no conversion from SWF to MP4 will be necessary (it sometimes goes wrong) and the quality will be better.

Use this workflow:

• Set up the application to capture in the correct situation.
  • In Captivate select the slide before the new slide
  • Use the big button Slides, Video Demo
  • Record and try to be slow enough
  • After ending the capture you'll have cpvc-slide and the Video Demo Editor can be used on this slide; it has a lot more functionality than the FMR slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilibiri; 

I was hoping I wouldn't have to replace it but it does make sense to do it that way and ensure better quality. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! Editing that slide (in a video application) would not even guarantee that the FMR was converted as expected when published. This workflow doesn't suffer from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources