• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Shape Button area partially enabled

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Captivate 2019. I have buttons of round, pill shape, and rectangle buttons throughout my training. I have the show hand active. When I publish the file as Scorm, only the right half of the button is usable. Nothing happens on the left half when I roll over or click. I've noticed most of the non-working buttons are square or round rather than rectangular or oblong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had that problem in the most recent version of CP2019 which is for Windows users 11.5.1.499. Can you please verify the version numbr under Help, About Captivate?

Check also the Object states please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar problem with smart shape buttons.  I do have the latest version of captivate 2019 11.5.1.499.  I created a rectangle with rounded corners, changed the fill, added text, changed the colors on the state view.  The buttons are only to navigate to next slide and back.  In testing within captivate, the buttons worked fine.  When I publish to LMS sandbox, only the bottom 1/4 of the button is clickable and show the state views when rollover or clicked.  The rest of the shape is useless - no action happens when clicked or rollover the top 3/4 of button.   I only publish as HTML5 as that is what I was instructed to do to solve other issues with captivate and our PeopleSoft LMS. 

To troubleshoot, I deleted a couple of buttons, and inserted new smart shapes as buttons, but same problem.  I inserted a traditional button, and that works just fine.  I have been looking over the internet for similar issues, and except for this thread, I've not found anything similar.  Any help to understand/fix this would be appreciated, otherwise I'll have to delete the shapes and replace all with traditional buttons.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources