Highlighted

Smart shapes look jagged when published

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often use smart shapes for basic shapes rather than importing external graphics, however, any smart shapes with rounded corners look terrible when previewed or published. I am aware that Captivate converts vectors to png when publishing, but the quality looks far worse than any other graphic on the screen.

Example below. I exported a rounded corner square in png and svg from illustrator to show as comparison to the smart shape. All shapes are 150 x 150 with a 6 pt line thickness Viewed at the native project resolution, not stretched to fill screen etc. The project publish settings in Captivate are set to high. You can see the smart shape looks horrible in comparison to the other two. It obviously gets worse the smaller shape you draw. This is using Cp 2017, with the same results showing in the new 2019 version.

Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Cheers,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Smart shapes look jagged when published

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often use smart shapes for basic shapes rather than importing external graphics, however, any smart shapes with rounded corners look terrible when previewed or published. I am aware that Captivate converts vectors to png when publishing, but the quality looks far worse than any other graphic on the screen.

Example below. I exported a rounded corner square in png and svg from illustrator to show as comparison to the smart shape. All shapes are 150 x 150 with a 6 pt line thickness Viewed at the native project resolution, not stretched to fill screen etc. The project publish settings in Captivate are set to high. You can see the smart shape looks horrible in comparison to the other two. It obviously gets worse the smaller shape you draw. This is using Cp 2017, with the same results showing in the new 2019 version.

Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Cheers,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions:

1. Log an enhancement request and add your name to the many others that have previously flagged this issue.
  2. While you wait for Adobe to fix it, use whichever of the methods you already know gives you the best results. 
  3. Be patient.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2018 2
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was fairly new to Captivate in the past year and this problem (as well as the font rendering) seems to go unaddressed.  I think it looks terrible, especially if you publish for very large screens. 

For this reason I import svgs instead of smart shapes. 

As for font, I add a blank variable before all text. This 'hack' method causes Captivate to publish text using webfont rather than converting.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2018 0
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the font issue, you can design and publish with responsive design (even if you do not intend for your eLearning to be consumed on mobile devices)

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I figured there must be something I was doing wrong. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2018 0
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it's not wrong, just a choice you can make. v 

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2018 0