• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

smart shapes object style manager

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to use smartshapes as object styles? For instance a success button? An image might be cool too as a success. or failure.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two things are entirely different.  Smart Shapes are screen objects.  Object Styles are settings that can be applied to an object of a certain type (e.g. object styles created for Smart Shapes cannot be applied to normal Text Captions).

You can use an image as a Fill for a Shape that is being used as a Success or Failure caption, but there are some limitations with this (e.g. the image needs to be square or rectangular and if you want to use transparency then it needs to be a GIF or PNG).

Not sure what you mean by a 'success button'.  Did you mean a Submit button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Smart shape button - Sucess (Controlled by Object Style Manager) limited

I want a click on smart shape success to show a a custom smartshape sucesss. Maybe instead of using the sucess feature I use the show action.

Tried once but didn't work. I x out the eyeball on the timeline for my show item that didn't work. Maybe not even have it on the timeline and show from library?

Same deal - being funny

Click on success smart shape - Lili's pic shows up

Other Incorrect Smart Shape - Ron's pic shows up

Workaround

Rollover but I kinda want a click instead of mouse over

Make any sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are looking for is to have greater control over what object appears when the user has submitted their answer to the quiz question.  You don't want the default success or failure captions to appear.  You want to be able to have your own custom objects appear, e.g. an image rather than a caption.  Is that correct?

If so, then you need to turn off the default success and failur captions to achieve your goal.  If you have the default captions turned on, the Success event and the On Last Attempt (failure...sort of) event will both only be fired AFTER these captions are dismissed.  However, if you turn off the captions then the events fire immediately after the Submit button is clicked and the user's answer is evaluated to either a correct or incorrect answer. 

So, without the default feedback captions in the road, you are free to use the Success and On Last Attempt actions to SHOW hidden objects (e.g. images) to provide feedback.

Some caveats:

• You will find things easier if you only allow ONE attempt on the question since this means that the On Last Attempt event will fire as soon as the user Submits any incorrect answer.  If multiple attempts are allowed on the question, you'll need to allow the Retry caption to appear.  There is no event available to SHOW a hidden object for an incorrect answer until you have exhausted all allowed attempts.
  • If showing custom feedback objects, you also need to have a way to hide those same objects when the question is reattempted.  If allowing only one attempt on the question, then an Advanced Action triggered On Slide Enter could do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at this blog, to understand all the 'eye icons' in Captivate', you are bit confused, which is normal:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/1-2-3-eye-buttons-mystery-2

Object styles are for one object, you aare talking about the embedded feedback messages which can appear for all types of interactive objects. Those messages have their own style. I wouldn't say that the object styles are limited, they are very logically built.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/manage-the-object-style-manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably misunerstanding by me? I always have several object styles for shape buttons.  Reason is that, with the exception of the embedded buttons on quiz/score slides I always use shape buttons.  The object styles for a shape include three of the 4 InBuilt states, but NOT the feedback objects. Those have a different object style, and you can create/use e differnt shape style for the feedback messages. Tying the two however can be done on master slides, not in the object style manager.

Hope I didn't make it now more confusing. Have been writing a lot about themes, object styles and master slides, but probably didn't succeed in clarifying the situations. May be due to the fact that books and trainings mostly skip over themes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources