Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SmartShape buttons change down state HTML5

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate version 2019 11.5.0.476

Before I updated Captivate I had SmartShape buttons with NO down state, only a rollover state and on Select the button appearance did not change because there was no down state.

Upon updating Captivate, when testing in HTML5, with NO down state, Captivate is altering those buttons on down, sort of shrinking them a but to indicate a down state even though there is no down state. If I add a down state, the same thing happens even though the down state is a duplicate of the rollover state.

With legacy Captivate files that have been updated it gets worse. The down action actually moves the buttons up and to the left quite a bit. Again, there is no down state. This worked like it should before I updated Captivate.

Using Styles does not change this behavior.

Of course I could add hot spot buttons over the graphics and that would fix the issue, but I feel like that would be going back in time to an antiquated workflow!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shape buttons have always shrinked when pressed, that is nothing new at all. It is a simulation of the pressing. Doesn't matter which InBuilt states you have, it is happening.

Have a look at some workarounds in this thread:

Re: Can you change button "down" states to be same same as hover or normal?

I created an overview of all button types recently. The second post is talking about shape buttons. Have a look at:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/07/button-type-part-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same issue came up in our user testing. I had noticed it and didn't really like it, but thought it was minor. Then we got negative feedback from our users in some scenarios where the state change was problematic or annoying.

I wish Captivate would just honor the Down state we define, instead of adding a shrinking effect we can't control. Hopefully in a future update.

Meanwhile, @lilybiri, I'm going to check out some of your workarounds. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources