• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snap to Window Not Working in Captivate 9 on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to record a software simulation using Captivate 9 and the Snap to Window checkbox is not working.  It won't let me check it if I have the window maximized, but when I minimize the window and try to adjust it to fit the red frame, once I check the Snap to Window checkbox it resizes my window and doesn't allow me to resize it.  I am using Google Chrome and I'm on Windows 10.  It used to work on my laptop when I was on a previous version of Windows.  I've seen a few other posts about this and already tried messing with the screen resolution and nothing has worked.

Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

It is not the screen resolution but the Display Percentage. Depending on the ppi of your screen, Win10 tends to increase that percentage above 100% for readability reasons. Example: I'm typing on a Surface Pro which has a small retina screen, its display percentage is set by Win to 200%. It is necessary to put that back to 100% for recording, whether Video Demo or Software simulation. That makes recording almost impossible on this screen, reason I switch to a normal HD screen (desktop) for any r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not the screen resolution but the Display Percentage. Depending on the ppi of your screen, Win10 tends to increase that percentage above 100% for readability reasons. Example: I'm typing on a Surface Pro which has a small retina screen, its display percentage is set by Win to 200%. It is necessary to put that back to 100% for recording, whether Video Demo or Software simulation. That makes recording almost impossible on this screen, reason I switch to a normal HD screen (desktop) for any recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!  Thanks so much!  I actually had to change it back to 100% on both of my monitors so I think that's what was confusing it. 

Appreciate the response, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK! Glad you got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources