Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software Simulation... adding timed audio

Participant ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've recorded a software simulation (recording user steps to access and login to a particular programme and separate audio to narrate.

I'm edited my audio in Audition into small snippets and now trying to assign them to my slides in Captivate although it's very time consuming.... am I going about this in the right way or is there a much easier approach?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received!

Many thanks

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Need more details. I also record in Audition, the slide audio clips separately from the clips used as object audio or triggered by Play Audio. I suspect you talk only about Slide audio? Name the clips in a disciplined way (I use slide label for slide audio). Then I import all the clips to the Library. Starting with the first one, I drag it from the Library to the slide, use PgDown to go to the Next slide and repeat the action with the second clip etc.... Is that your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more details. I also record in Audition, the slide audio clips separately from the clips used as object audio or triggered by Play Audio. I suspect you talk only about Slide audio? Name the clips in a disciplined way (I use slide label for slide audio). Then I import all the clips to the Library. Starting with the first one, I drag it from the Library to the slide, use PgDown to go to the Next slide and repeat the action with the second clip etc.... Is that your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of and you make it sound so easy so I'll persevere!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this your workflow? I understand using Audition, makes it lot easier to have all clips set to same loudness, to use correcting filters Labeling everything in a good way is always essential. I would not recommend the roundtripping with Audition anymore, it leads to too much problems which I don't want to explain here.

Synchronizing can be a pain, but with a software sim not  so much, only when you have a lot of staggered objects on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that’s my workflow.  I edit my audio in audition and export as separate labelled files which I agree makes life much easier.  I think that's the problem the synchronisation in captivate but I'm nearly there just wanted to confirm i was doing it the most logical way 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Software simulations you have only one interactive object on each slide: either a click box or a Text Entry Box.

Normally the click box has its timeline linked to the end of the slide timeline (red triangle). That means the correct timing will remain correct even if you add slide audio to explain. I am not sure about the TEB however.

Can you explain why you find synchronizing time consuming? I agree about that for normal content slides, but not for software sim slides (Training/assessment).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find this video helpful in determining your process

Adobe Captivate - Slide Audio Three Ways

https://youtu.be/CDmQi0BpSqM

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources