Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software simulation Clicks not showing up

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I am trying with little luck to add a software simulation to a project. I know all about the settings and how to get it recording but some of the clicks are not showing up at all as slides. 

The screen i am trying to record is browser based. When i click a heading tab to take me to another page this doesnt register and the first screen i am getting is the page i have just requested from the tab. Not the main title page. 

This also seems to happen when selecting something from a dropdown list. Captivate doesnt apear to record my selction as a click. 

If anyone has the answer to this that would be great! 

Many thanks

Ben 

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Some applications which are running externally, not on the system, will have these issues.  I am not sure but I suspect this is about security, also the reason why you should run Captivate with 'Run as Adminitrator' setup for recording software simulations and Video Demo.

Not a solution, because I don't have any besides the workaround to do a lot of manual captures to get the background slides, and adding the click boxes/text Entry boxes needed while editing the sim.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some applications which are running externally, not on the system, will have these issues.  I am not sure but I suspect this is about security, also the reason why you should run Captivate with 'Run as Adminitrator' setup for recording software simulations and Video Demo.

Not a solution, because I don't have any besides the workaround to do a lot of manual captures to get the background slides, and adding the click boxes/text Entry boxes needed while editing the sim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply .. I am going to try and grab some manual captures for now see if i can muddle my way through.. thank you again . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources