Highlighted

Software simulation - is it possible to shrink it on the slide?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captivate Experts,

I am making a Captivate (2017) project on how to use a new software in our company. I have made a few introductory slides with a character, speech bubbles and office photos in the background, and then recorded some process flows from the new system. To make it look more advanced, I  would like to reduce the size  of the screens of the software simulations only, that is slides 4-20, keep the character as a teller, pointing to the screen with the software simulation every now and then. Of course I would like to keep the size of the slides 1-3 and 21-24 as it is (1280*720).

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Bernadett

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Software sim slides use the Blank master slide and if you record them in an exisitng project they will fill the slide.

You should have recorded them in a separate project, with a smaller slize. Then rescale that project. Very long ago I wrote out a worrkflow with using a special master slide, not sure if it is still funcitonal in more recent versions:

Create and Use a "Knockout" Master Slide - Captivate blog

I had hoped such a master slide would be added to the set, because you are ot the first with this type of request.

If that simulation is in demo mode, an alternative would be to replace it by a Video Demo published to mp4 and inserted as event video. In that case you can easily rescale.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Software simulation - is it possible to shrink it on the slide?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captivate Experts,

I am making a Captivate (2017) project on how to use a new software in our company. I have made a few introductory slides with a character, speech bubbles and office photos in the background, and then recorded some process flows from the new system. To make it look more advanced, I  would like to reduce the size  of the screens of the software simulations only, that is slides 4-20, keep the character as a teller, pointing to the screen with the software simulation every now and then. Of course I would like to keep the size of the slides 1-3 and 21-24 as it is (1280*720).

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Bernadett

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Software sim slides use the Blank master slide and if you record them in an exisitng project they will fill the slide.

You should have recorded them in a separate project, with a smaller slize. Then rescale that project. Very long ago I wrote out a worrkflow with using a special master slide, not sure if it is still funcitonal in more recent versions:

I had hoped such a master slide would be added to the set, because you are ot the first with this type of request.

If that simulation is in demo mode, an alternative would be to replace it by a Video Demo published to mp4 and inserted as event video. In that case you can easily rescale.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, your blog post solved my issue!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, since it is so old. Glad to have been of help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 0