Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software Simulation is Only Recording My Desktop

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- 

I am using this version of Adobe Captivate: 2019 release version 11.5.4.613 on a MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.4.  When I try to record a software simulation, no matter where I put the red box, regardless of what application I select to record, it only records screenshots of my desktop.  I've tried looking help solutions up on the Adobe website, in my 2019 Captivate training manual, and YouTube.  They all give the same instructions which I follow precisely.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio and video , Getting started , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recommended practice is to only record screenshots on your primary monitor, i.e. the monitor on the laptop.  So, try disconnecting your secondary display and then give it another go.  This time the software you want to record has no choice but to appear on your primary monitor and you should then be able to record it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I figured (after 3 hours with Adobe help!) that the security system preferences were not set to allow Captivate to record. Ugh!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a retina screen? If yes, did you change the dpiawareness? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help! I figured it out and it had to do with the security preferences setting.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources