• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software simulation not accepted in LMS

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to creating software simulations and using Captivate 2019. When I publish my simulation as html and then attempt to upload the zip file to my LMS (I'm using iSpringLearn), I get an error saying it is not a valid SCORM package. I thought everything published by Captivate would be SCORM-compliant. Is there something else I need to do to my html files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

If your Captivate project file does not have LMS reporting turned on and SCORM selected as the standard being used then it will not publish a SCORM package, just a normal HTML5 lesson.

So turn on reporting and set up SCORM, then publish again, selecting the ZIP option in the publish settings.  SCORM packages are always ZIP files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Captivate project file does not have LMS reporting turned on and SCORM selected as the standard being used then it will not publish a SCORM package, just a normal HTML5 lesson.

So turn on reporting and set up SCORM, then publish again, selecting the ZIP option in the publish settings.  SCORM packages are always ZIP files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh thank you SO much. I had ignored the reporting option because it's in the Quiz settings, and this isn't a quiz as such. It uploads properly now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources