Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software simulation or video demo??

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Within my Captivate project I would like to show a laptop screen displaying a software simulation which I have recorded separately.  The simulation is of me navigating to an online resource which we own and browsing through a few of the features.  I have two questions:

1 - What's the difference between a software simulation and a video demo? Which one should i be using?

2 - I expected to be able to save my simulation (let's call it that for ease) as a mp4 and insert it as a video over the laptop graphic in my project.... I can insert it but how do i make it play?  It plays out of Captivate but not when i import it as a video? 

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Many thansk

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Software simulations are slide-based and you can capture (even simultanueously) in 3 (4) modes; Demonstration, training, assessment (custom).. When captureing a Video Demo you are creating immediately a video, with as only output MP4.

Main advantage of Video Demo is that the quality is better, disadvantage: no interactivity but you don't want to have interactivity if I understand well. You can edit the Video Demo in the dedicated editor, trim, pan/zoom, split and add transitions, add static objec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software simulations are slide-based and you can capture (even simultanueously) in 3 (4) modes; Demonstration, training, assessment (custom).. When captureing a Video Demo you are creating immediately a video, with as only output MP4.

Main advantage of Video Demo is that the quality is better, disadvantage: no interactivity but you don't want to have interactivity if I understand well. You can edit the Video Demo in the dedicated editor, trim, pan/zoom, split and add transitions, add static objects.

Disadvantage of Video Demo: if you want to add quality audio later on, synchronizing is bit tough.

Since a software simulation in demo mode is slide based, the editing process is easier. To have good quality set it to 32-bit, but even then FMR slides will not always be what you want.

Conclusion: go with Video Demo in your case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you this just wanted I needed to hear 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources