Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solving the Conflict Between ISD and Technical Writers

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Stop me if you've heard this one before, but there is disagreement between ISD and Technical Documentation in our group. As a result, there is a lot of duplicate effort when creating lessons and online technical documentation.

I'm searching for ideas on how I might be able to leverage what TD has created (which is HTML text and images), and import into my Captivate lessons. I also want to publish a dictionary or glossary of terms, so we all call a GUI element by the same name consistently.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question, with what product does the TD group use?

For example, I'm pretty sure InDesign can create some pretty nice, and even somewhat interactive, HTML output.

If that's what the team is using, you could possibly load that output into your CP shell, then create more complex interactivities around it, then publish as a full lesson.

Or just do a lot of copy/paste but that's a maintenance nightmare.

Creating a standardization document is not only a great idea but a critical one! Good call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Eric. I will reach out the TD group and find out what they use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources