Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some eLearnings are not being marked as complete in LMS

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

We recently got a new LMS (Absorb) and I have been creating and uploading content into it using Captivate 2017. For some reason, some of the eLearnings are being marked as complete while others are not, even though they all have the same settings. Here is how I have my settings set up in Captivate 2017:

• eLearning Output: xAPI
  • Completion Criteria: Slide views and /or quiz
    • I have this set up for "Slide Views" and for every eLearning have it set to where it should mark as complete when every slide (minus one) is viewed. The reason being is that the last slide is a static one linking to additional documentation that people don't have to view.
  • Success Criteria: I have this disabled since there are no quizzes built in Captivate (they are built all within the LMS directly).
  • Interaction Data: This is checked.
  • Advanced: "Send Data On Every Slide" and "Escape Version and Session ID" are checked.

Each eLearning also contains click boxes but I have the scoring disabled on all of them as we just want to base completion based on slide views. Oddly enough, for the ones that are not being marked as complete, I'm unable to preview them in SCORM Cloud. When I click Preview > Preview in SCORM Cloud it gets to "Preparing the Course" and then says "Failed to Preview in SCORM cloud".

For the ones that are being marked as complete in the LMS, I have no issue previewing them in SCORM Cloud. It's a bit strange to me as they all have the same settings. I'm a bit lost at this point, so any assistance would be much appreciated. I can provide any additional information if it's needed.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Alright, I'm like 99% sure I resolved this through some research into xAPI and SCORM Cloud. I haven't had much time to look at it, but here is what I found.

When I set the eLearning Output as xAPI, it made a Configure button appear. Clicking this button allows one to adjust the Identifier, Course Title, Course Description, etc. Some of my identifiers had spaces in them while some did not. For example, one of my identifiers was "Candidates" while the other was "Adding Candidates". The "Adding Cand

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, I'm like 99% sure I resolved this through some research into xAPI and SCORM Cloud. I haven't had much time to look at it, but here is what I found.

When I set the eLearning Output as xAPI, it made a Configure button appear. Clicking this button allows one to adjust the Identifier, Course Title, Course Description, etc. Some of my identifiers had spaces in them while some did not. For example, one of my identifiers was "Candidates" while the other was "Adding Candidates". The "Adding Candidates" one was not completing.

I found this out when I attempted to upload to SCORM Cloud (not through Captivate) and I received the error "HTTP://Adding Candidates" is not a valid URI. I removed the spaces, making it "AddingCandidates" and then it was being marked as complete in the LMS we use.

tl;dr Identifiers cannot have spaces in them as that's what used in URIs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources