Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound from next slide starts playing

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was done with the issues, but here's one more:

Most of my slides have a continue button that shows up near the end of the timeline of that slide and stops the timeline.

There are two slides however where after reaching this button, the sound from the next slide starts playing. I see my timeline cursor has stopped and I see no visuals from the next slide, so there is nothing that prompts the training to continue to the next slide.

The only two elements even reaching the end of the slide's timeline are the continue button and an svg with no actions whatsoever attached to it.

The only action on the continue button is "go to next slide" and is the same as in any other slide where this does not occur.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Make sure your audio clips all have a small gap right at the beginning of the slide and at least some gap again at the end.  Do not allow your audio clips to touch the ends of the timeline.  Then republish and see if that removes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

This is what Rod means:

GapAudio.png

Reason is that Captivat probably is seeing the audio as part of the project audio, and continues playing that audio. A gap will force it to see each audio clip as audio for that slide.

The pausing point of any interactive object will NOT pause slidea uudio unless you check that option on its Properties panel. That option is only available for interactive object pausing points, not for quiz slides nor for D&D slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your audio clips all have a small gap right at the beginning of the slide and at least some gap again at the end.  Do not allow your audio clips to touch the ends of the timeline.  Then republish and see if that removes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what Rod means:

GapAudio.png

Reason is that Captivat probably is seeing the audio as part of the project audio, and continues playing that audio. A gap will force it to see each audio clip as audio for that slide.

The pausing point of any interactive object will NOT pause slidea uudio unless you check that option on its Properties panel. That option is only available for interactive object pausing points, not for quiz slides nor for D&D slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks that seems to work. Not very intuitive but that's a problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources