• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speaker Notes just for presenters using Captivate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have speaker notes (similar to PowerPoint) that are not seen by the audience when you run the Captivate presentation? I would need to hide the speaker notes from the viewers when using a digital projector. Thanks for replying!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Hmmm.... why would an eLearning course being used as a presentation with a 'speaker'? Find that bit strange. I do use Captivate for my presentations, but the reason is that it is much easier to convert the file later to a real eLearning course. Can you explain why you are not using PPT for a presentation, because that IS a presentation, not an eLearning authoring tool. 

To answer your question... since it is an eLearning course, it will always play at the chosen screen size in the browser.  Yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.... why would an eLearning course being used as a presentation with a 'speaker'? Find that bit strange. I do use Captivate for my presentations, but the reason is that it is much easier to convert the file later to a real eLearning course. Can you explain why you are not using PPT for a presentation, because that IS a presentation, not an eLearning authoring tool. 

To answer your question... since it is an eLearning course, it will always play at the chosen screen size in the browser.  You could print one of the File, Print outputs to keep along....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response! I am learning Captivate and wanted to check if I could use it for presentations as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told you, I do use it when I present about Captivate for the mentioned reason. Here is an example of a presentation which I refurbished to an eLearning course.

Captivate's Timeline

But if I had to present about Acrobat, would use a pdf, and for InDesign would use an ID document.... both are not ideal presentation tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources