Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech Agents not showing up

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I want to add the TTS agents to Adobe Captivate. I've downloaded, extracted and installed the 'Captivate_2019_x64_Neo_Content_LS21.exe' file from https://helpx.adobe.com/africa/captivate/kb/captivate-text-speech-converters.html. No TTS agents showed up, only existing Windows agents.

I think the error occurs because of my installation location. I have little space available on my C: drive so I installed Captivate to D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\. Now when I choose D:\Program Files\Adobe\ or D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\ as my installation location for the TTS installer it installs it to D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate Voices 2019 x64\.

What I've tried:
I've made sure that I run the extracted installs.
Restarted Computer.
Run Captivate as Administrator.
Ran CleanPreferencesWin.bat.
I've copied the VT folder into the Adobe Captivate root folder.

More Details:
Adobe Captivate 2019 11.2.1.499
Windows 10 Pro Build 18362

Can you please assist me to get the Speech Agents to show up?
TOPICS
Audio and video , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

I think you are correct in assuming that the cause of your issue is due to not installing Captivate in the default C drive location.

The VT folder containing the voices should not be copied into the Adobe Captivate root folder.  The normal location of all Captivate TTS voices is at the root level of the Program Files, not where you have copied them.

VoicesLocations.png

I would suggest you think about either decluttering your C drive to make more room and reinstalling there or else getting a bigger hard drive a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are correct in assuming that the cause of your issue is due to not installing Captivate in the default C drive location.

The VT folder containing the voices should not be copied into the Adobe Captivate root folder.  The normal location of all Captivate TTS voices is at the root level of the Program Files, not where you have copied them.

VoicesLocations.png

I would suggest you think about either decluttering your C drive to make more room and reinstalling there or else getting a bigger hard drive and migrating your system over to that.  An SSD drive (if you can afford it) will make your Captivate app work a lot better than any spinning disk drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same problem today using captivate classic. I ran both installers (Captivate Classic and Captivate Voices) to the default loactions. However, the voices did not show up. Once I placed the Captivate Voices in the Program Files root folder as suggested above, it solved the problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the most recent versions? Please mention the version numbers for both CP12 and Classic Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources